Orasyl takes the protection of your personal data and our responsibilities under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”) seriously.
1. COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Orasyl collects, uses and/or discloses your personal data if you use one of our following services:
1.1 Becoming a registered user
In order to register, you need to share some personal data, such as your name and email address. You do not have to be a registered user to visit our website. But, you will have to register if you want to place orders or make full use of our services. Once you register, you will have an account with Orasyl and a password to access that account. You may not use another person’s account without our permission and you may not use anyone else’s password without our permission. You should keep your registration current and complete. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password. Please also let us know if there is any unauthorised use of your account or password. We recommend that you always log out from your account at the end of a session with us, to prevent other people from accessing your account without your permission.
1.2 Making a purchase
When making a purchase at www.orasyl.com you are required to supply a billing address, phone number, shipping address, and credit card information. By making a purchase, you are required to register as a user. You can choose to store information needed to make a purchase, such as your credit card number, shipping and billing addresses in the “My Account – Profile” page. If you change your mind about storing this information, you can amend or delete it by going to the relevant area of the “My Account-Profile” page and following the instructions on that page. You can access this section using your password which you registered an account with.
1.3 Our services
1.4 Public Information
Please note that if you choose to share personal data about yourself on publicly available sources like Facebook or Twitter or other sources which are generally available to the public, we consider that personal data to be publicly available (“Public Information”). Orasyl may use your Public Information without obtaining your consent for the following general purposes: to better understand our users’ profiles & needs, to fulfil your requests for products and services, to improve our services, to conduct research, and to contact you on promotions from Orasyl and our third party advertisers subject to the PDPA.
Orasyl uses “cookies”, where a small data file is sent to your browser so that our website can remember who you are. The cookie is used to record information such as frequency of website visit and duration of visit and web pages visited by users. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being visited. This helps us analyse data about our webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our users’ needs. This is to allow us to understand our web traffic better and pave way for our future website improvement. While the cookie can tell us when you visit our website and which webpages you visit, it cannot read data off your device’s hard disk.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your device or any information about you, other than the personal data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies and you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, please note that this may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO OTHER PARTIES
Your personal data may be used, disclosed and/or processed to the following parties for one or more of the purpose set out below:
- Restricted number of our employees; and
- Third party service providers which require the processing of your personal data. For example, third party service providers which have been engaged by us to: (a) to provide and maintain any IT equipment used to store and access your personal information; (b) to host and maintain our website; or (c) otherwise in connection with the provision of certain services and products to you on or via our website;
- Our auditors and legal advisors;
- Public and governmental/regulatory authorities, statutory boards, industry associations; and/or
- Courts and other alternative dispute forums
We will endeavour to provide adequate supervision over the handling and administration of your personal data by such parties, as well as to provide for adequate forms of protection over your personal data.
5. PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect the following personal data:
- Contact information including email address and mobile number
- Health records
- Credit card information
- Date of birth
6. WHAT WE DO WITH THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE
The personal data which we collect from you may be collected, used and/or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Facilitating and/or processing your transaction with us;
- Facilitating and/or processing any services provided by third party service providers to us;
- Facilitating, processing, dealing with, administering, managing and/or maintaining your relationship with us;
- Carrying out your instructions or responding to any enquiry given by (or purported to be given by) you or on your behalf;
- Internal record keeping;
- Collecting feedback from you to improve our products and services;
- Sending promotional information about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting via email; and
- Any other purposes which we notify you of the time of obtaining your consent.
(collectively, the “Purposes”)
7. SECURITY AND MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
We will take appropriate measures to keep your personal data accurate, complete and updated.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we will put in place commercially reasonable security arrangements to prevent any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
We will also take commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymised as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (a) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and (b) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
9. SPECIFIC ISSUES FOR THE DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
We respect the confidentiality of the personal data you have provided to us. In this regard, apart from the Purposes set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal data to any third parties without first obtaining your express consent permitting us to do so. However, please note that we may disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent in certain situations, including, without limitation, the following:
- cases in which the disclosure is required based on the applicable laws and/or regulations;
- cases in which the purpose of such disclosure is clearly in your interests, and if consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- cases in which the disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual;
- cases in which there are reasonable grounds to believe that the health or safety of yourself or another individual will be seriously affected and consent for the disclosure of the data cannot be obtained in a timely way, provided that we shall, as soon as may be practicable, notify you of the disclosure and the purposes of the disclosure;
- cases in which the disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
- cases in which the personal data is disclosed to any officer of a prescribed law enforcement agency, upon production of written authorisation signed by the head or director of that law enforcement agency or a person of a similar rank, certifying that the personal data is necessary for the purposes of the functions or duties of the officer; and
- cases in which the disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary in the public interest.
The instances listed above are not intended to be exhaustive. For an exhaustive list of exceptions, you are encouraged to peruse the Second, Third and Fourth Schedules of the PDPA which is publicly available at https://sso.agc.gov.sg/.
Where personal data is transferred by us to any third parties outside of Singapore, we will ensure that such transfers are compliant with the requirements under the PDPA. In this regard, we will take necessary measure to ensure that such overseas recipients are bound by legally enforceable obligations to ensure that these overseas recipients provide a standard of protection to the personal data so transferred that is comparable to the protection under the PDPA.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if we obtain your consent to do so.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties.
10. ADMINISTRATION OF PERSONAL DATA
If you have any complaint or grievance regarding about how we are handling your personal data or about how we are complying with the PDPA, we welcome you to contact us with your complaint or grievance.
Please contact us at:
- Telephone number: +65 6833 4351
Email Address: email@example.com
(Attention it to the “Data Protection Officer”)
- Office Address: MediDent International Private Limited, 21 Ubi Road 1, #05-02, Singapore 408724 (Attention it to the “Data Protection Officer”)
If you believe that any of your personal data currently in our possession or under our control is incorrect or incomplete, you may request to access and/or correct your personal data by submitting your request to the above contact details.
You may withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control at any time by submitting your request to the contact details listed above.
We will process your request within a reasonable time from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made, and will thereafter refrain from collecting, using and/or disclosing your personal data in the manner stated in your request.
Should you not wish to receive marketing information, relevant news and updates from Orasyl, kindly email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from our mailing list.